Preparing your soil.
All growers have their preferences, but here are some general guidelines that should help you prepare the ideal potting condition for cannabis cultivation.
- Always use a rich soil mix. If you can, you get a professional mix such as Promix.
- NutriNPK’s GROW fertilizer already contains all the necessary micronutrients for your cannabis plants.
- But otherwise, you can add most micronutrients trough sheep manure.
You can use up to 1/3 of sheep manure for the total volume in your soil preparation.
If you’re already using our products, use instead about 10% of sheep manure in your preparation.
- Add some perlite if you have a dry soil. perlite will help retain water and aerate the potting soil.
- Well, if you have a tool to test your soil PH, us it.
Aim for a soil PH between 6 and 6.7. It is the ideal sweet spot.
Micronutrients are more readily available and soluble at this average PH.
- Add Calcium to your soil.
(PH Down for soil) Using dolomite lime in your mix will ensure plenty of calcium is available and will slightly reduce your soil PH, this is especially useful if you used sheep manure.
- (PH Up for soil) Vermiculite can also be used if you worry about alkalinity of your soil, it will slightly increase your soil PH. (Perlite being more alkaline)